Saturday, March 7, 2009

Inspiration

I sometimes get asked, where did the name Throwing Stars Jewelry come from?

If you have one of my business cards, take a look at the back of the card. You'll see that my website is posted on the bottom. And above that you'll see some writing:

...I took a chance late one night
I threw those stars in the sky...

I used to write poems and thoughts, and one night I wrote about taking chances. I needed to be inspired. The whole poem goes:

I looked up into the night sky
The sky was dark
And it sparkled with light
It was then that I saw it
I took that star and I threw it
It was hard, prickly and rough
But I did it anyway
Over and over again
I took a chance late one night
I threw those stars in the sky
And the way that those stars shined
They shined so bright

On the other hand, it's funny because when I wrote the poem, I didn't realize that "throwing stars" is also a karate term. Ninjas throw stars too? You mean that there is such a thing as a karate star? Come to find out, karate stars are used as a weapon. I guess Throwing Stars Jewelry couldn't be more opposite. So, if you aren't a ninja, throw your stars. Take chances and make them shine bright! Be inspired, stay inspired.

No comments: