Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rag Ribbon Rainbow, Thurs-Sat

If you've never been to Rag Ribbon Rainbow before, well all I gotta say is you need to go! Yes, it's true that I have my jewelry on display, but I'm only 1 of about 100 artists whose artwork is for sale. Not that I'm telling you what to do, but I highly recommend it!

Here's what they do to make it so cool! Sally and Lou, sisters and fantastic artists, have been putting Rag Ribbon Rainbow together every October for the last 25 years. They ask a friend if they can take over their home for about a week, and literally turn their home into an art gallery... Everything on the furniture, counter tops, walls, bathroom sinks, tables, etc. is for sale. It's hard to describe, so I suggest the experience even more!

If you like art, it's like eye candy for your soul. This October will be my third year as part of the show, and I have to say that most of my coolest and most unique artwork around my house I've purchased from Rag Ribbon Rainbow. I have a wire cowboy and cactus in my foyer, funky jewelry that's so cool I had to frame and hang it in my dining room, a felted wool throw pillow on my couch, and poetry and found artwork from Lou hanging in my studio. And that's just from the past 2 years! I wonder what I can get this year? I'd love one of Sally's bird nest oil paintings, but I think I will have to save up a little bit more before I can invest in one. I also spotted some blown glass while I was setting up yesterday that I really want to look at again...

Plus, did I mention that my mom is also a part of the show? I recruited her last year and they didn't have to ask her twice to be a part of the show again! Her company is called Flirttea Aprons and it's handmade aprons... She also has a few wrap skirts for ladies and some children's clothing, but it's mostly aprons. I'll be there, hope to see you!

Location: 696 Mountain Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30342

Times:
Thursday 10am-5pm

Friday 10am-5pm

Friday Evening "Meet the Artists" 7-9:30pm

Saturday 11am-5pm

No comments: