Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Thursday Art Walk, November 4th and 6th

I have this awesome opportunity to be a part of an art show this week in the Tula Art Center.  It's the First Thursday Gallery Walk on Bennet Street.  And that's exactly what it is!  This first Thursday of November, join us and walk the galleries on Bennet Street... meet artists, schmooze, drink, eat, be merry!  What could be better this time of year, right?  It's something I've never done before, and I hope it becomes the first of many.

I didn't know that something like Bennet Street existed in Atlanta.  It's an artist community in the heart of Buckhead, hidden just behind Houston's on Peachtree Street.  Bennet Street is this hidden gem of a community!  There's galleries upon galleries, antique shops, vintage shops, and much more.  I haven't had the opportunity to visit for a good length of time yet.  Good news is that the "First Thursday Gallery Walk" is supposed to educate people like me.  I'll be there showcasing my newest designs for this Fall and Winter in Judie Jacob's studio, K-1 at the Tula Art Center.  She does oil painting, encaustics, and ceramic art.  My goal for this year is to save up for a custom encaustic from Judie.  They are just so cool and would look so good in my living room, hmmmm.  Quilter, Stacie Manis and jewelry by Peru to You will be there too. 

Here's the specifics:
Address: 75 Bennett Street, 30309
Tula Art Center
Located in Judie Jacob's studio, K-1
Time and Date: Thursday, November 4th from 6-9pm and Saturday, November 6th from 6-9p

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so nice information. I don't have much information about the deeply science... But this post is really very much helpful... Thanks so much.....

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing the very useful information with us. i am admire your work. Thanks so much....



Copper Brass Traditions