Sunday, December 21, 2008

A walk on the beach but no Bon Bons

This time last week, I would have told you that it's time for a break.  Christmas and Hanukkah are fantastic times for the jewelry business.  Long walks on the beach and eating Bon Bons sounded so appetizing too!  The funny thing is, I currently don't live anywhere near a beach.  Technically, I'm landlocked except for the Chattahoochee River.  So long walks on the beach are out of the question, right?  

So yeah, I grew up in Laguna Beach, CA.  I come home 2 or 3 times a year for a visit with the family.  If I'm lucky I do a quick walk on the beach when I'm visiting, otherwise I'm chasing after my 2 year old daughter, trying to prevent her from running straight into the ocean.  Notice, I said they are quick walks on the beach; chasing a 2 year old is exhausting.  

The strange thing is, I wrote about the so called, "long walks on the beach" and "Bon Bon's" a couple of weeks ago in my blog, while I was still in Atlanta. It's so strange, because I wasn't expecting to come home to Laguna so soon, but an unexpected funeral changed everything. I've been totally consumed with jewelry making for the holidays, that I wasn't seeing the big picture. So while I was here in Laguna, I took that walk, a very quick walk, on the beach to meet up with my good friend.  Even though I had my walk on the beach by way of a sad situation, I think I needed a burst of reality.  I got a few hugs, some fresh air, sand in my toes, and cold water splashing on my feet that has forced me to re-energize and re-focus on the important stuff. That's what the holidays are all about, right?

I can't wait to celebrate Hanukkah with my husband and daughter, I can't wait to have a little bit of a jewelry break... for about a day, and I can't wait to work on a new line.  I'd also like some of those Bon Bon's too.  

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, & Happy New Year.  If you don't get a chance for the long walks on the beach like me, I say...  Bon Bon's sound like a really yummy alternative.

No comments: